• Detta ämne är tomt.
Visar 10 inlägg - 1 till 10 (av 10 totalt)
  • Författare
    Pepepapa
    Deltagare

Hi Guys,

I would ask a little help before my final decision of my new coilovers.

I decided to buy Tein coilovers.
      Flex Z what i would choose(twin tube structure is better for street).
      But does anyone have experince of them, spring rate is not to soft? (7kg/5kg) It would be my first coilover so no idea i have.

Mono Sport is almost double price(Monotube structure,better for track, easier to damage on street) and it has higher spring rate (10kg/8KG).

Please share your experiences to help me for the final decision.

Other thing i tought to buy Flex Z with EDFC active damping control, but i have no idea is it good to spend money on it?
      Is it fast enough with G sensor?
      What effect does it have for the liftime of the damper because it is in move always? (maybe a solution for lifetime to use it in manual mode and use G sensor on race track only)

Thank you for the help !

Car is impreza STI 2011 sedan

Fladric
      Deltagare

Hi Guys,

I would ask a little help before my final decision of my new coilovers.

I decided to buy Tein coilovers.
        Flex Z what i would choose(twin tube structure is better for street).
        But does anyone have experince of them, spring rate is not to soft? (7kg/5kg) It would be my first coilover so no idea i have.

Mono Sport is almost double price(Monotube structure,better for track, easier to damage on street) and it has higher spring rate (10kg/8KG).

Please share your experiences to help me for the final decision.

Other thing i tought to buy Flex Z with EDFC active damping control, but i have no idea is it good to spend money on it?
        Is it fast enough with G sensor?
        What effect does it have for the liftime of the damper because it is in move always? (maybe a solution for lifetime to use it in manual mode and use G sensor on race track only)

Thank you for the help !

Car is impreza STI 2011 sedan

Hi!

I don’t have any experience with either of them but I’m happy with the Tein coilovers I have tried 🙂 Would think the Flex Z is nice on a street driven car because they are a bit softer 🙂

Have you considered Öhlins Road and Track?

https://www.ohlins.com/product/road-track/subaru-impreza-sti-racing-2007-2011-grb/

Guessing better support with lots of knowledge closer than for the Tein coilovers 🙂 And I would guess easier with spare parts further down the road!

Nothing bad about Teins, just giving you options 🙂

Pepepapa
        Deltagare

Hi!

I don’t have any experience with either of them but I’m happy with the Tein coilovers I have tried 🙂 Would think the Flex Z is nice on a street driven car because they are a bit softer 🙂

Have you considered Öhlins Road and Track?

https://www.ohlins.com/product/road-track/subaru-impreza-sti-racing-2007-2011-grb/

Guessing better support with lots of knowledge closer than for the Tein coilovers 🙂 And I would guess easier with spare parts further down the road!

Nothing bad about Teins, just giving you options 🙂

Hi,

Thank you for info, Öhlins is a bit expensive for me
          i use the car in every 3-4 weeks (somethis more times).

Trackdays maybe 1-3 times a year.

Do you know the 10kg/8kg hardness how should i imagine? It kick my ass on streets or can be used on street but will be a little bit harder?

Or the same for the flex z which is softer- what should i wait of it? Similar like the original or harder/softer?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fladric
          Deltagare

Last time i checked, I think they retailed for around 25000 SEK s (the Road and Track version) so shouldn’t be that big of a difference compared to the Mono Sport? 🙂

Sorry, don’t know what spring rates I had on my coils but from memory of other persons experiences I think 10 is a bit stiff on the street 🙂

Hi,

Thank you for info, Öhlins is a bit expensive for me
            i use the car in every 3-4 weeks (somethis more times).

Trackdays maybe 1-3 times a year.

Do you know the 10kg/8kg hardness how should i imagine? It kick my ass on streets or can be used on street but will be a little bit harder?

Or the same for the flex z which is softer- what should i wait of it? Similar like the original or harder/softer?

Thanks for the help!

Pepepapa
            Deltagare

Thanks for the info,

Maybe i would lean for hks hypermax 4 gt also, but for price and usage flex z what i like, just don’t know how hard it is

Fladric
              Deltagare

Thanks for the info,

Maybe i would lean for hks hypermax 4 gt also, but for price and usage flex z what i like, just don’t know how hard it is

Sounds like a good plan 🙂 Negative side of the HKS ones are that thay are not intended to be rebuildable if I remember correctly? Might be som older versions though…

Think Goffemannen is running Tein Flex on his GC8!

http://www.subaruclub.se/forum/showthread.php?t=87347

Worth reading the thread and asking him 🙂

Pepepapa
                Deltagare

Yeah you are right, hks is not rebuiltable :/

Tein will be my way.

goffemannen
                  Deltagare

yes I run Flex on my GC8. They work great for the road and a little track.

Pepepapa
                    Deltagare

Thanks!

iecd_sti
                      Deltagare

Hey man, what did you end up buying? I’m also thinking of buying coilovers but have no idea which ones.

Visar 10 inlägg - 1 till 10 (av 10 totalt)
                      • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.