Visar 7 inlägg - 1 till 7 (av 7 totalt)
  • Författare
    MrMiller
    Deltagare

Hi guys!

I’m planning to move to Stockholm, Sweden.
      I own an Impreza Type-ra and this car has a few performance mods, like 3″ de-cat exhaust, 6 speed gearbox, upgraded turbo, and brembo brakes.
      I’d like to register it in sweden to use with local license plate and i’m interested how’s the procedure, will my car pass MOT (Bilprovningen) or what has to be changed?
      Please help me to get an overview.
      Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Csaba

Janne248
      Deltagare

Hi!

Welcome to the forum.
        I move the subject to the appropriate place.

Please (if you understand some Swedish) read the following thread of discussions where you have a lot of information about importing Impreza to Sweden.

Can also be of interest from which country you are importing, you never mentioned that in your post.

MrMiller
        Deltagare

I’m a hungarian guy but I lived in the UK for a while. I’d like to import my type-RA from UK.
          I’m looking for a respected subaru garage/shop in Stockholm that I can visit once arriving and they can help me to prepare the car for registration
          you can also send it via PM
          Thanks!

kingo
          Deltagare

hi, I am a brit living near stockholm. I imported a 96 type ra this summer from the UK. change headlights, change clocks to km/h (this can be either really easy or a pain in the backside depending on how the conversion from km/h to mph was done in import from japan to uk). emissions is possibly the worst problem. you should seriously consider getting the work done in the UK before you get here because for example the subaru garages I mostly deal with will not work with apexi or simtek. there are some good garages here but there is much more expertise in the UK. and EVERYTHING in the UK is much cheaper.

MrMiller
            Deltagare

Hi Kingo! Thank you for your answer! I’ve already changed lights and convert km/h by myself.
              I have no after market ECU , only a chip in ECU which is allowed turbo pressure to 1.4 bar.
              I wonder there are many many highly modded cars in Sweden ( I was shocked when I saw garage.org ) how can they do the emission rates???

kingo
              Deltagare

don’t know, perhaps they use aftermarket ECUs. Shell V power is also not that easy to get hold of here, although shouldn’t be a major problem in Stockholm. These are the emmission levels I had to hit to register my car:

CO (under?)0.5
                CO2 14.5 to 16.0
                HC under 100
                O2 0.1 to 0.5
                lambda 0.98 to 1.02

worth seeing where you are in relation to these before coming over imo.

Gilarski
                Deltagare

They accept 1,1 in Lambda for Scoobys.

Unless you have engine problems or gigantic injectors, a cat and a proper map should solve your emission concerns.

(Large injectors modified/tuned may result in a very poor fuel-spray, i.e. hard to burn all.)

Visar 7 inlägg - 1 till 7 (av 7 totalt)
                • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.