Visar 15 inlägg - 31 till 45 (av 101 totalt)
  • Författare
    Hightone
    Deltagare

hey there,

nice ride. Have you taken into account the geometry changes those 25mm spacers make in your supension? you might be seriously comprmising the handling of your car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWijfooeSyU

Yes, I have but adding a spacer is the same thing as getting more ET in theory. The only real threat I see is il eat wheel bearings atleast once a year.

People run with much more ET on track cars then il ever will.
      The sti BBS wheels are 55et, the spacers I have now are 25mm, which makes my total ET to 30, its not horrible.

Hightone
      Deltagare

Shouldn’t be worse than riding with 25 less Et, and I believe the BBS wheels have quite high to start with.

But probably not 100% optimal

DING DING DING DING Correct!

This man gets it!

I also some how manage to randomly purchase a set of 07 STI Enkei Limited wheels…

2 wheels are in amazing shape, 1 has rough curb rash, 1 has major damage… can’t complain thou! 400sek for the set with tires!

Major damage top side

Rough Curb rash top side

Perfect

Igge
        Deltagare

Sweet! How much does a repair go for?

FiddeFuling
          Keymaster

Depends on how much DIY you can do :p

And Yo Hightone… I o gonna steal these form you.. just saying 😀

Hightone
            Deltagare

I will be scraping the wheel! or making a table out of it 🙂
              I found a replacement wheel already and hopefully il put the deposit down on it soon and get it shipped to me next month. Replacement wheel 1100sek from UK!

Wheels washed!

Hightone
              Deltagare

Front Flares installed! Rear should be done next weekend! Then my big fat tires go on!

tendency
                Deltagare

Nice. What flares are those?

Hightone
                  Deltagare

Nice. What flares are those?

http://www.jdmfender.com/karlton-style/subaru-impreza-2000-2007-karlton-style-fender-flares-set-wide-body-8-pcs-abs-plastic

Great price, I like them thou they are for 2003-2005 but im making them work! Cant wait to paint the car and have everything match.

tendency
                    Deltagare

Yeah, nice price. And the quality seems good? Obviously I can’t ask about the fitment on blobeye, hehe.

It will look good when painted!

Hightone
                      Deltagare

Yeah, nice price. And the quality seems good? Obviously I can’t ask about the fitment on blobeye, hehe.

It will look good when painted!

I like it! The fitment is extremely good, I drilled the holes on the flares them self but thats extremely easy.

to mold the front flare abit more to my car I used a heat gun, other then that it was dead on and if I wouldnt have used the heat gun it still would of looked amazing and that was just at a tip.

Worth every penny, cant wait to finish the rears!

tendency
                        Deltagare

Sounds good to me!

Hightone
                          Deltagare

Here is some updates

Brembo is fitted on, I rebuilt STI struts and put grease fittings on them. Prodrive rear springs and sti springs in front. Il be buying a new wing and alot more things next month. Havnt had the chance to cut my fenders for proper fitment but with the stiffer springs Im getting away with not cutting them for now.

Hightone
                            Deltagare

Il do a better video later 🙂

Hightone
                              Deltagare

Finally got around to cutting my rears.

I cut the outer only, once I reach a point near the door i started removing the inner metal as well.

I then did slots in the inner metal and started to bend them upwards closer to the outer metal.

I then started applying alot of auto repair paste (Hard rubber) in every area I could reach, for the door area I opened it up abit with a flat head and put some in there to prevent rattling.

So far no more rubbing on my wheels but I havnt really pushed that hard.

Hightone
                                Deltagare

I decided to remove the front U frame from my car. Its roughly 18kg weight saved.

Cleared up alot more room.

While I was down there I decided to install the whiteline steering rack bushing Ive had laying around.

This is the passenger side bushing.

Went for a drive after finishing up these and car felt much better!

Visar 15 inlägg - 31 till 45 (av 101 totalt)
                                • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.